- Fixes a regression with Formtastic support. ClassyEnumm::Base.build now returns a null object that decends from the base_class when the argument is blank (nil, empty string, etc). This allows the ActiveRecord model's enum attribute to respond to enum methods even if it is blank.
- ClassyEnum::Base now extends Enumerable to provide enum collection methods. All objects in the collection are instances of the enum members. .find is overridden to provide custom find functionality.
- ClassyEnum::Base.find has been reintroduced, with aliases of .detect and .
- Introducing I18n support and providing a ClassyEnum::Base#text method that will automatically translate text values.
- Translation support was added to ClassyEnum::Base.select_options.
Equality can now be determined using strings and symbols. The following will return true:
Priority::Low.new == :low # => true Priority::Low.new == 'low' # => true
- Removing ClassyEnum::Base.enum_classes in favor of using enum inheritance to setup classes
- Removing ClassyEnum::Base.valid_options
- Removing ClassyEnum::Base.find
- Removing ClassyEnum::Base#name
- Removing :suffix option from classy_enum_attr
- Enforce use of namespacing for subclasses (Parent::Child < Parent)
- Use require instead of autoload
- Lots of code refactoring
- Deprecating ClassyEnum::Base#name (use to_s.titleize instead).
nameis too ambiguous and might get confused with Ruby's Class.name method.
- Deprecating :suffix option from classy_enum_attr (this was a temporary hack)
- Deprecating class names like ParentChild in favor of namespaced names like Parent::Child
- Deprecating ClassyEnum::Base.enum_classes() (this is no longer needed)
- Deprecating ClassyEnum::Base.valid_options()(use all.join(', ') instead)
- Deprecating ClassEnum::Base.find() (use build() instead)
- Fixes issue with validates_uniqueness_of when using an enum field as the scope.
2.0.1 & 2.0.2
- Resolving gem release conflicts, no changes
- Enum class definitions are no longer defined implicitly and must be explicitly subclassed from children of ClassyEnum::Base
- Formtastic support is not longer built-in. See https://github.com/beerlington/classy_enum/wiki/Formtastic-Support
- validates_uniqueness_of with an enum scope no longer works in Rails 3.0.x (no changes for Rails 3.1 or 3.2)
- Added support for Ruby 1.9.3
- Stop hijacking enum initialize method
- Fixed JSON recursion issue
- Added support for Rails 3.1.x
- Added support for owner enum reference
- Code refactor
- Removed support for Rails 2.x.x
- Fixed support for validates_uniqueness_of with an enum scope
- Fixed Rails dependency requirement
- Further decoupled Formtastic support
- Added blank/nil option support to Formtastic
- Fixed documentation typos
- Updated development dependencies
- Changed API for column and enum name differences
- Added Comparable support
- Fixed an issue with invalid objects set to empty string
- Added allow blank support to Formtastic
- Improved error messages
- Added "boolean" methods (i.e.
- Improved documentation
- Updated generators to make inheritance more explicit
- Removed ActiveRecord dependency
- Fixed validates_presence_of support
- Improved Formtastic support
- Changed enums to use inheritance instead of mixins
- Fixed issue with generators
- Fixed documentation typos
- Fixed documentation
- Cleaned up hacky support for Rails 3.0.x
- Fixed Formtastic load support
- Fixed validation issue in Rails 3.0.x
- Added enum generator for Rails 3.0.x
- Added support for Ruby 1.9.2
- Fixed support for apps that are not using Formtastic
- Fixed Formtastic helper support w/ Rails 3.0.x
- Added custom Formtastic input type
- Internal changes to how methods are defined
- Added enum generator for Rails 2.3.x
- Internal changes to how ActiveRecord is extended
- More test coverage
- Fixed initialized constant warning
- Initial Release