HTML5 utils for rails
A package of gems containing polyfills for HTML 5 and CSS 3 functionality missing in older browsers.
Time to use HTML5 and CSS3 now!!!
Cheers to all :)
- pie-rails (PIE for rails)
- flexlayout-rails (CSS3 layout polyfills)
- html5forms-rails (HTML5 form polyfills)
- html5-now-rails (various HTML5 polyfills)
See each individual github repo README for usage/config instructions etc.
Please let me know if any of the gem packages have errors, need updates or you know of essential polyfills that are missing for better HTML5 support.
I recommend you to try out the packages individually, since most often you wont need all the packages in a given project.
Dev vs Production
This package is mainly meant as a quick way to get started (in dev/test mode), but should (likely) not be used in production. Keep your gem footprint down!
Contributing to html5-utils-rails
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it.
- Fork the project.
- Start a feature/bugfix branch.
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution.
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2012 Kristian Mandrup. See LICENSE.txt for further details.