Add Markdown functionality to any Mongoid object.
class Message include Mongoid::Document include Mongoid::Markdown field :body, :markdown => true end message = Message.new :body => "## Hello world" message.marked_down? # => false message.markdown! message.marked_down? # => true puts message.body # => "<h2>Hello world</h2>" message.body = "## Goodbye cruel world..." message.reload # not sure about this! message.marked_down? # => true
See specs for more usage examples
Should work on both Mongoid pre 2.4 and later, including 3.x.
Please help fix any bugs or come with suggestions to improvements.
Contributing to mongoid-markdown
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it.
- Fork the project.
- Start a feature/bugfix branch.
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution.
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2012 Kristian Mandrup. See LICENSE.txt for further details.