Awesome Azure - A Curated List of Azure Resources
This library provides resources to learn Azure and other Microsoft services. There is not one specific focus of the repository as Azure offers a large variety of services. The remaining files in the repo are Powershell files that allow you to perform actions on Azure. The main file azure-powershell.ps1 contains all the Powershell commands. In the Powershell-areas folder you will be able to find all the individual areas on Azure such as Machine Learning etc.
The repo starts with a few resources to get started with Azure in general. Then it moves onto all the resources in their respective areas. The resources includes both courses, videos, articles, guides etc. Every area has their own folder to make it easier to dive straight into the area you want to know more about. These folders similarly contains all the Powershell commands in the area. I have included a Powershell file with all the commands, which you can find here:
Azure can be quite intimidating because of the vast amount of services and options. Therefore it would make sense to choose a specific learning path in order to learn how Azure can be used within the area you work in. I would recommend everone getting started with Azure to take the Azure Fundamentals course. This course provides a great introduction to all the various services. After this course you will have a better understanding of the Azure Ecosystem and you can dive into the specific area you are going to be working within.
- Azure Storage Explorer - Desktop client to easily manage Storage anywhere from Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Azure Resource Explorer - Allows you to view and edit Azure resource definitions directly from their JSON manfinests; effectively bypassing the API.
Microsoft Azure Links
- Microsoft Azure Homepage - Visit Microsoft's web page describing the services they provide in Azure.
- Microsoft Azure Free Trial - Create a free trial for 30 days. You will use your credit card for verification but you will not be charged for the products after the period ends.
- Microsoft Azure Price Calculator - Microsoft created a pricing calculator to help you understand the pricing. Because the platform contains so many products, it is hard to understand the pricing. This tool will make it easier to understand the pricing of the different products.
- Microsoft Azure Documentation - The documentation features various areas depending on what you are looking for.
- Azure Resource Manager Templates - This repo contains all the resource manager templates for Azure. It is very likely you can find the desired template here for your project.
- Azure Tips And Tricks is a resource that helps developers become more productive with Azure. Learn some of our favorite Azure tips and tricks—some long-standing, and new ones that have recently been added to shave hours off your coding tasks tomorrow.
- azureprice.net - Find and compare Azure Virtual machines specs and pricing on a one page.
These are completely free and even provides a completion certification if you pass the exam. Because the courses frequently change, I have only created a link to the course collection. You can find the individual courses on this page.
- All Courses
- Azure Fundamentals
- Databases in Azure
- DevOps Testing
- Azure Security and Compliance
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Azure Application Deployment and Management
- Microsoft Azure App Service
- Automating Azure Workloads
- Managing Azure Workloads
- Microsoft Azure for AWS Experts
- Microsoft Azure Storage
- Microsoft Azure Identity
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Networks
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Securing Data in Azure SQL Server
- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Provisioning SQL Server and Azure SQL Databases
- Introduction to DevOps Practices
- Developing NoSQL Solutions in Azure
- Processing Big Data with Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Processing Real-Time Data Streams in Azure
- Orchestrating Big Data with Azure Data Factory
- Delivering a Data Warehouse in the Cloud
- Implementing Predictive Analytics with Spark in Azure HDInsight
- Implementing Real-Time Analytics with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
- Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
- Application Monitoring and Feedback Loops
- Infrastructure as Code
- Migrating Workloads to Azure
Microsoft Virtual Academy
This is just a small list of the avaialble videos on MVA. The various subject directories includes the full list of videos available related to the subject.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Cloud Application Development
- SQL Database Fundamentals
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC
- Networking Fundamentals
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerShell
- Cloud Development Courses
- Data Science and Machine Learning Essentials
- Hands-On with Azure Machine Learning
- Design and Implement Big Data & Advanced Analytics Solutions
- Building Recommendation Systems in Azure
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Jump Start
- Implementing Big Data Analysis
- Building Blocks: Big Data and Machine Learning
- Transform Big Data into Intelligent Action with Advanced Analytics
- Big Data Analytics with HDInsight: Hadoop on Azure
- Orchestrating Data and Services with Azure Data Factory
Generally, Microsoft's free courses provide an exceptional chance to get to know the various concepts in Azure. However, if you want to move beyond some of the basic and get more hands-on experience, these courses can help you. They are also good training for acquiring certificates.
- Microsoft Azure - The Big Picture
- Getting Started with Azure Machine Learning
- Introduction to Azure App Services
- Building a Global App with Azure PaaS
- Architecting Azure Solutions (70-534): Infrastructure and Networking
- Azure Function Triggers - Quick Start
- Azure Functions Fundamentals
- Azure SQL Database for the SQL Server DBA
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse: First Look
- Azure AD for Developers
- Introduction to Azure DocumentDB
- Azure Site Recovery: IaaS Migration and Disaster Recovery
- Building Highly Scalable Web Applications in Azure
- Adding Search Abilities to Your Apps with Azure Search
- Managing Azure AD
- Understanding the Difference Between Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Managing Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure - Getting Started
- Securing Virtual Machines with Azure Key Vault
- Managing Configurations with Azure Automation DSC
- Managing Azure IaaS with PowerShell
- Connecting PowerShell to Your Azure Subscription
- Real World Big Data in Azure
- Implementing and Managing Azure Multi-factor Authentication
Guides - Free
These guides/ebooks are completely free and will provide a good starting point.
- Understanding Azure - A Guide for Developers
- Data Science in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and R
- Microsoft Azure Essentials: Fundamentals of Azure, 2nd Edition
- Building Cloud Apps with Microsoft Azure
- Migrating SQL Server Databases to Azure
- Microsoft Azure HDInsight - Technical Overview
- Microsoft Azure Essentials Azure Machine Learning
- Microsoft Azure Essentials Azure Automation
- Microsoft Azure Essentials Azure Web Apps for Developers
- The Business Value and TCO Advantage of Apache Hadoop in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure HDInsight
- Cloud Driving Next Generation IT Skills
Find all the PowerShell modules you need. In order to get started with PowerShell, consider visiting this page: Get started with Azure PowerShell cmdlets. The gallery below provides the full list of modules.
Popular PowerShell Modules
These are a selection of some of the more popular PowerShell modules.
- Microsoft Cloud Platform - Azure
- Microsoft Azure Channel
- Azure Machine Learning Playlist
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Cloud Infrastructure
- Azure Training - Exam 70-533
- Data Science with Azure Machine Learning, SQL Server and R
- Cloud Wars: AWS vs. Microsoft Azure
- Azure Active Directory in Plain English
- Design Modern Microservice Applications on Microsoft Azure Service Fabric
- Getting Started with Azure API Management REST API
- Azure Automation - Stop/Start Virtual Machine
- Hands-On with Azure Machine Learning
- Azure Machine Learning - Prediction with Regression
- Deploying Dockerized Apps to the Azure Container Service
When you have learned all the fundamentals in Azure you can move on to the paid certificates.
- MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect
- MCSA: Cloud Platform Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- MCSA: Linux on Azure Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- MTA: IT Infrastructure Microsoft Technology Associate
- Cloud Fundamentals - Exam 98-369
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer (Replaced Exam 70-532)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator (Replaced Exam 70-533)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (Replaced Exam 70-534)
- Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions - Exam 70-473
- Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions - Exam 70-475
- Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud - Exam 70-246
- Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud - Exam 70-247
- When do Azure Websites make sense?
- Comparison of IaaS
- Microsoft cloud gets Pentagon's top security rating
- Azure Site Recovery Best Practice: How to Deploy Mobility Service
- Microsoft Enterprise Services Tips to using SQL Data Warehouse effectively
- 10 GitHub samples with Azure DocumentDB you shouldn’t miss!
- Top cloud myths of 2016
- Microservices: An application revolution powered by the cloud
- Microsoft Azure: A Growing Presence In The Cloud
- Azure vs AWS vs Google Cloud Market Share
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning?
- The Official Azure Blog
- CloudAcademy Blog
- BuildAzure Blog
- Azure Friday - Videos with Azure Engineers
Additional documentation from Microsoft will be included in the folders for the specific areas.
Other Relevant Questions
- What is windows azure in simple words? What can we make using it?
- How do AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud compare to one another?
- What are the prerequisites to learn Microsoft Azure?
- What is the best way to learn about Windows Azure
- Is Microsoft's platform prohibitively expensive for large scale web deployment?
- How do Windows Azure enthusiasts learn Azure after their free account period is over?
- Is there a free Azure solution?
- How useful would it be as a software engineering student to get certified in Microsoft Azure or AWS?
- Could Azure Machine Learning really disrupt the data science space by making predictive analytics ubiquitous?
- What are the possible interview questions for Microsoft Azure Iaas/PaaS?
- Is migrating to Microsoft Azure worth it for a small company (50 persons)?
Stackoverflow Questions - Azure
New Questions - Azure
- How do I copy SQL Azure database to my local development server?
- Difference between new and classic storage accounts in Azure
- Azure Table Vs MongoDB on Azure
- Azure Blob Storage vs. File Service
Books - Paid
- Microsoft Azure Security Infrastructure
- Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud
- Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud (MCSE)
- Mastering Cloud Development using Microsoft
- Cloud Architecture Patterns: Using Microsoft Azure
- Mastering Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services
- Microsoft Azure Security Infrastructure
- Microservices, IoT and Azure: Leveraging DevOps and Microservice Architecture to deliver SaaS Solutions
- Microsoft Azure: Planning, Deploying, and Managing Your Data Center in the Cloud
- Exam Ref 70-532 Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Mastering Identity and Access Management with Microsoft Azure
- Microservices with Azure
- Automating Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services: From the Data Center to the Cloud with PowerShell
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory: Extend Active Directory to the cloud
- SQL on Azure Succinctly
- Windows Azure SQL Database Step by Step
- Mastering Azure Analytics: Architecting in the Cloud with Azure Data Lake, HDInsight, and Spark
- Modern Authentication with Azure Active Directory for Web Applications
- DevOps with Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Team Services
- Learn Azure in a Month of Lunches
- Azure Data Engineering
- Azure Forums
- Reddit Azure Subreddit
- Newest Azure Questions on Stackoverflow
- Azure Articles on Medium.com
- Azure Events - Find Events in your Area
- Azure Newsletter
Microsoft offers a programme that allow startups to get up to $120k of free Azure cloud credits. You can read more here:
This project was created to keep a centralized place for all the resources I needed to become proficient in Azure. Feel free to suggest or add other resources that might be relevant or let me know if some of the resources are unavailable.
You can read more on contributing in the contributing.md file.
The repository will be updated with regular intervals.
See the explanation of the MIT License here..