Android stores your playlists in a SQLite database located at
m3truid is a Python application that converts playlists stored in this database into standard *.m3u files.
- Pull external.db
If you have a rooted phone:
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone
- Install Android Debug Bridge on your PC (unofficial minimal ADB or full official Android SDK command line tools)
- Connect your Android phone to your PC
- Run from a command prompt:
adb root adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases/external.db
If you don't have a rooted phone:
- Adapt these steps with this solution.
- Install dependencies
- Install Python or ActivePython version 2.x (NOT 3.x) on your PC.
- Choose to add Python to your PATH environment variable
- From a command prompt, run:
pip install slugify
- Download & Run
python m3truid.pyor double-click on the
- Press ENTER to accept the suggested values.
- The M3U files contain relative paths to the media files. Store the M3U in the base folder that will be prompted.
- Only audio files are supported.