Bamboo Git Plugin
This plugin provides Git support to the excellent Atlassian Bamboo continous integration server.
It is compatible with Bamboo 2.2.x and above, including 2.5.
It also works on Windows, but requires cygwin git (not msysgit).
The current release is 1.1.7. Only the latest release is available for download. Older releases will have to be built from source, which is really easy:
Normally there will be a new binary release every time anything significant changes in the plugin. Recent activity has mostly been focussed on improving test quality, hence there may be commits on "master" that are unreleased. "master" always contains the lastest version.
Rebasing may happen on non-master branches, master will not be rebased. (I did some rebasing when I took over maintaining the project)
HOW TO BUILD FROM SOURCE
git clone git://github.com/krosenvold/bgit.git cd bgit # optionally checkout an old version from a tag mvn install # the generated .jar will be inside "target" folder. # If problems with unit tests failing, remove masterRepo and testRepo* folders # You MUST have git:// protocol access to github.com to be able to build
- Copy to $BAMBOO_INSTALL_DIR/webapp/WEB-INF/lib
- Remove older versions from same folder
- Restart Bamboo
Now when you create or edit plans you will be able to select “Git” as the repository provider.
The plugin delegates most of its configuration to the underlying os shell. As long as this is set up properly, you should be able to access the repositories.
All the groundwork was done by Don Brown from Atlassian. Until Atlassian can provide resources to the plugin I will be mantaining it here on github ==== USAGE WARNING ==== If you are using SSH make sure to use ssh keys. In general, make sure that a background script can pull from your repo. If it can't then Bamboo will not be able to checkout neither.
1.1.8 RELEASE NOTES
Fixed regression introduced with checkout logic in 1.1.6
1.1.7 RELEASE NOTES Thanks to Benjamin Reed (RangerRick) Switched to bamboo 2.5 libs, bamboo 2.5 compatible. Still works on 2.4.x.
1.1.6 RELEASE NOTES All changes thanks to Ivan Sungurov (isungurov)
- Does not re-clone repository when switching branch
- Internal change to use checkout instead of merge upon update. May improve rebasing..
- Updated to 2.4 libs. Probably still runs on older versions.
1.1.5 RELEASE NOTES
- Fixed problem with rebased repos where out-of order dates would cause bamboo to loop infinitely (Thanks to Alex Fisher for patch)
- Works on windows
1.1.4 RELEASE NOTES
- Commit SHA1 numbers are included in top-level build log.
- Better error message when non-existing branch is selected for build
1.1.3 RELEASE NOTES (big thanks to Kristian Rosenvold)
This should support branches properly. Please note that when changing branches on a build, you still need to clean the build using the bamboo console.
This should also fix the file list in the commit history view.
Also, in 1.1.1 you needed to specify “checkout” as a subdirectory name under configuration\builder. This should not be done for this version of the plugin (the “checkout” folder is still used in the file structure internally, but the plugin tells bamboo about it so that you dont have to do it on every build!)
The fix also contains working unit tests for some features.
- 2009/10/11: 1.1.2 Several bugfixes and new features
- 2009/04/25: 1.1.1 git submodule support (thanks go for Graeme Mathieson)
- 2009/04/24: Started tracking changes here
- Don Brown (original author)
- i386 (Bamboo 2.2 support)
- Juan Alonso "slnc" (packaging and updates for bamboo 2.1)
- Graeme Mathieson (git submodule support)
- Kristian Rosenvold (several fixes)
- Alex Fisher (Rebasing fix)
- Ivan Sungurov (isungurov)
- Benjamin Reed (RangerRick)