Often times, especially in this political climate, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of information flowing into our news feeds.
Infome's mission is to make give American's more transparency into the law creation process.
Firstly it's important to review how a bill becomes a law, in order to understand the information you're viewing when you access Infome's tools.
(front-end folder structure following Ducks methodology for redux)
- Ruby on Rails
- Hosted on: HEROKU
My API location
Data for this app provided by the following API
How does a
bill become a
- Introduced into Congress OR House of representatives
- Bill goes to representative or senators who meet and vote to accept or reject the bill before sending it to
- House or Senate floor for debate
- Subcommittee for further research
- Congress debates and votes
- House OR Senate memebers propose changes or amendments
- If majority vote
forthe bill, it moves to the other house,
- it then goes through a similar process of commitee/ debate / vote
BOTHhouses have to agree on the final version of the bill before it goes to the
- House of Reps has an electronic voting system
- Senate votes by voice, saying
Presidentcan vote to
pass. The President can also...
No Action- if nothing done in 10 days, bill becomes law
- Pocket Veto - congress adjourns within 10 days after giving president bill, then president can choose not to sign it, and it doesn't become law.
Information above thanks to, usa.gov
What does this single page application allow you to do?
- Search all bills that are newly introduced
- Save them to your profile
- Share with friends