Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
State of the ‘master’ branch
Travis-CI will show you if the tests on master should pass: parslet@travis-ci
We mostly try to maintain tests in working order. Sometimes the moving around of code will break stuff – unfinished features and such. In this case you should go back to the last travis build.
Obvious patches that we’ll probably refuse
- Left recursion Parslet doesn’t do left recursion now and probably never will. We don’t think it makes parsers easier to write; and it certainly makes them harder to understand. Besides, there are other problems as Laurence Tratt points out.
- Replacing Blankslate with BasicObject: We hold the opinion that they’re not the same at all. Discuss.
- New Atoms: Most new atoms implement nice-to-haves, but we’d like parslet to be minimal, not comprehensive. Is your atom really something every language designer needs? Or is it just something your project needs?
How to submit a pull request
- Write specs
- If you introduce new functionality, ask around. Is it even a good idea? Do others think so as well? The proper channels here would be the mailing list and IRC.
- Think about the API. It easier to sell a feature if it looks nice.
- Make a compelling example. ‘Life or death’-kind of example, not ‘Nice to have’.