HDF5 python tutorial
This project is a playground for learning HDF5 file format.
You will see how to create datsets, groups and attributes. There are also some information about reading data from hdf5 files via numpy like interface.
- h5py_introducion.py - basic operation on hdf5 file, writing to file, creating datasets, groups and metadata.
- big_file.py - contains script which shows how to write to huge files in chunks. It uses dataset.resize to change the file size.
Get the code:
- Clone at gitlab: https://github.com/ksopyla/hdf5_python_playground
- Run the code in online ide: https://plon.io/explore/hdf5-python-tutorial/YQ4qpnuBWOnk5xrS4
- Read the asocieted blog post(in Polish): http://ksopyla.com/2016/12/big-data-na-dysku-czyli-jak-przetwarzac-pliki-hdf5-w-python/