2012 Dan Wilcox, et al.
Download FaceOSC and get started with a template project for one of the following creative coding environments:
- requires the OscP5 library
- currently requires OF version 007
- make sure to copy the FaceOSCReceiver folder into the openframeworks/apps/myApps folder (it must be 3 levels deep)
- requires the CNMAT Everything for Max package for the (OSC-route) object
Pure Data Extended
- requires Pd-Extended for the [OSCroute] and [udpreceive] objects (part of the mrpeach external included in Pd-Extended)
Make sure FaceOSC is running and a face is detected (face mesh is drawn). The face detection runs very slowly (0.5 fps) while searching for a face. It speeds up to around 30fps once a one is found. Also, make sure you face is evenly lit.
- FaceOSC uses port 8338 by default for OSC communication
- the FaceOSC window size is 640 x 480