Get social with NYC parks.
Parkster is a social network platform organized around playing games together in New York City's beatiful parks. Users can use this app to quickly gather friends together to play a game at a park of their choice. The game leader decides on an activity, sets a meeting time and place, and can then notify their friends via email invite. Players can browse upcoming games and sign up to join.
- New user signup through Facebook (via OmniAuth)
- User dashboard showing summary of user's upcoming games, friends list, and options to join or create a game
- Editable profile pages for individual users
- Email invite system for each game (ActionMailer)
- One click sign up for games
- Event calendar showing all upcoming events
- Park listing showing all NYC park locations
- Park information parsed from NYC Open Data
Parkster is an ongoing work-in-progress. Please contribute by forking then sending a pull request.
- Add Google Map API embed
- Enhance UX using jQuery
- Add additional signup options (Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Add feature tests (rspec)
- Add ability to print out rosters of players for each game
Park Friends is MIT Licensed. See LICENSE for details.