Robin is a build daemon for Haskell development.
robin (start | stop | build | watch | debug)
This daemon rebuilds a Cabalized Haskell project whenever a source file changes. It runs one of the following commands:
./robin.sh, if that file exists, or
stack build, if
cabal build, otherwise.
- start - if the current project doesn't already have a daemon, start one
- stop - stop the daemon for the current project
- build - show the output of the last build, or if a build is in progress, wait for completion and then show its output
- watch - take over the console, always showing the latest build output
- debug - like start, but doesn't daemonize
The default command is build.
Note: the current project is assumed to be the root of the git working copy which contains the current directory.
echo 'setlocal makeprg=robin' >> ~/.vim/ftplugin/haskell.vim
Similar functionality is built in to Stack:
stack build --file-watch