Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release contains many exciting features! Amongst other things we now have support for multi-node clusters thanks to @fabriziopandini, and fixes have been made for kind on Windows.
Breaking changes since 0.1.0
- Default clusters will now be Kubernetes v1.13.2, and the default node image is now
- nodeLifecycleHooks are no longer supported in the config, we believe this feature was unused and will revisit it later, if you need this, please file an issue with your use case!
- Deleting a cluster now attempts to delete the cluster specific
KUBECONFIGfile on the host (thanks @blakestoddard!)
- The current kind
Configis now at
kind.sigs.k8s.io/v1alpha2, with support for multi-node clusters! (thanks @fabriziopandini!)
- The default image was upgraded to Kubernetes v1.13.2 (see above)
- kind should now work on hosts where userns remap is enabled in the docker daemon (thanks @vasrem!)
- Improved documentation (thanks @alejandrox1, @jimangel, @tao12345666333, @k8k, @timoreimann, @chuckha, @superbrothers, @benmoss!)
kubeadm's config is now internally
v1beta1when new enough Kubernetes images are used, this should improve stable support for future Kubernetes versions. Additionally all config objects are populated, so they may be patched via patches in kind's config.
- When removing a
KUBECONFIGfile, we attempt to detect if the environment variable is set and warn about unsetting it (thanks @blakestoddard, @manparvesh!)
- The base image now contains conntrack, in order to support installing recent
kubeadmpackages. by default it is now
kind build node-imagenow supports a
--kube-rootflag to explicitly specify the path to Kubernetes's source code, if unset kind will continue to auto-detect this via go's build tooling. (thanks @inercia!)
- On Windows the
KUBECONFIGfiles should now be placed in the default directory correctly (we now use the homedir util from client-go)
- On Windows patching kubeadm config should work correctly
kubeadmdebian packages should be installable in the base image after adding conntrack (see above)
Committers to this release are:
v1.12.2 is affected by CVE-2018-1002105; when using
kind create cluster please set the image to a non-default image via the
--image flag. The following Kubernetes
v1.12.3 image should be suitable:
A patch release will be made to upgrade this default, see #180.
kind is still alpha-grade software, and as such breaking changes will be made to future releases.
This release allows early users to pin to these pre-built binaries and avoid these changes until they intend to upgrade, rather than installing from HEAD with
go get ...
NOTE: the default
kind create cluster pins to a specific node image in order to avoid breakage there.
This image is:
kindest/node:v1.12.2@sha256:6ac1dc1750fc0efd13d4e294115f9012a21282957e4380a5535bd32154193d4d on the current official registry.
Contributors to this release are:
Thank you for your contributions!