v0.7.0 notably brings greatly improved support for dynamic PersistentVolumes by way of rancher.io/localhost-path integration for clusters with Kubernetes v1.12.X or greater.
It is also worth noting that kind is now committed to IPv6 PR testing and running 80% of the GCE presubmit test cases on Kubernetes Pull Requests.
- The default node image is a Kubernetes
- Node images built with kind
v0.7.0have many improvements and require kind
v0.5.0+, images built with older releases should continue to work.
- To get the new dynamic PV support you must upgrade both kind and your node image(s) to this release or newer. The images are compatible with older releases but only both a newer kind CLI and newer images together will enable the updated PV support.
- When the new PV support enabled by these versions the default storage class is changed from the previous
- Dynamic PersistentVolume Support is greatly enhanced with rancher.io/localhost-path integration out of the box
- Upgraded dependencies around the board, notably including fixes to the CNI portmap plugin to reduce flakiness
- Documentation Enhancements
- We have started an effort to comprehensively cover configuration in the docs
- We have a dedicated guide for using Ingress
- Added more resources
- Improved site code, in particular added copyable snippets
- Other assorted smaller improvements
- Again show one box emoji per node being provisioned
New Node have been Images for kind
v0.7.0, please use these exact images (IE like
kindest/node:v1.16.4@sha256:b91a2c2317a000f3a783489dfb755064177dbc3a0b2f4147d50f04825d016f55) or build your own as we may need to change the image format again in the future
Kubernetes Version @
- v1.17.0 @
- v1.16.4 @
- v1.15.7 @
- v1.14.10 @
- v1.13.12 @
- v1.12.10 @
- v1.11.10 @
- Improved messaging in a number of user facing errors
- Disabled GINKGO_FLAKE_ATTEMPTS when testing
- Fixed local image check
- When the default kubeconfig is empty / non-existent,
kind create clusterand
kind export kubeconfigwill preserve extra fields from kubeadm, notably
kind(though they are not strictly necessary...)
- Reduced cruft in base image
Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this release!
Users whose commits are in this release (alphabetically by user name)