Kubernetes Working Group for Multi-Tenancy
This is a working place for multi-tenancy related proposals and prototypes. To join our biweekly meetings, Slack, mailing list, please visit our community page.
The multi-tenancy working group is in charge of the following projects:
- Benchmarks: a set of benchmarks (i.e., compliance tests) to determine if your clusters are well-configured for multitenancy.
- Hierararchical namespaces (aka
namespaces to own each other, policy propagation between related namespaces,
and delegated namespace creation.
- HNC was previously housed in this repo but graduated in May 2021.
- Virtual clusters: run multiple virtualized
cluster on a single underlying cluster, allowing for hard(er) multitenancy.
- VirtualCluster was previously housed in this repo but graduated in May 2021.
Past projects also include:
- [DEPRECATED] Tenant Operator: an opinionated solution to manage
tenants within a cluster.
- The Tenant Operator has been replaced by HNC and VC and is no longer being actively developed.
The docs directory contains any documents written in markdown. Some draft docs which need collaboration are Google docs for better collaboration experience. The links file contains links to all presentations, wg-multitenancy minutes, and other docs not directly related to the projects above.
Join this repo
Once you've been a member, when you are ready to become a reviewer of other people's code, file a PR on our OWNERS file and an approver will need to approve you.
Once you've been a reviewer, you can request to become an approver by filling a PR on our OWNERS file and another approver will need to approve you.
[Deprecated] PoC directory
poc directory contains deprecated proof-of-concept code which is not supported.
Code of conduct
Participation in the Kubernetes community is governed by the Kubernetes Code of Conduct.