Use this repository to submit official Charts for Kubernetes Helm. Charts are curated application definitions for Kubernetes Helm. For more information about installing and using Helm, see its README.md. To get a quick introduction to Charts see this chart document.
How do I install these charts?
helm install stable/<chart>. This is the default repository for Helm and is installed by default.
For more information on using Helm, refer to the Helm's documentation.
How do I enable the Incubator repository?
To add the Incubator charts for your local client, run
helm repo add:
$ helm repo add incubator https://kubernetes-charts-incubator.storage.googleapis.com/ "incubator" has been added to your repositories
You can then run
helm search incubator to see the charts.
Before contributing a Chart, become familiar with the format. Note that the project is still under active development and the format may still evolve a bit.
This GitHub repository contains the source for the packaged and versioned charts released in the
gs://kubernetes-charts Google Storage bucket (the Chart Repository).
The Charts in the
stable/ directory in the master branch of this repository match the latest packaged Chart in the Chart Repository, though there may be previous versions of a Chart available in that Chart Repository.
The purpose of this repository is to provide a place for maintaining and contributing official Charts, with CI processes in place for managing the releasing of Charts into the Chart Repository.
The Charts in this repository are organized into two folders:
Stable Charts meet the criteria in the technical requirements.
Incubator Charts are those that do not meet these criteria. Having the incubator folder allows charts to be shared and improved on until they are ready to be moved into the stable folder. The charts in the
incubator/ directory can be found in the
gs://kubernetes-charts-incubator Google Storage Bucket.
In order to get a Chart from incubator to stable, Chart maintainers should open a pull request that moves the chart folder.
Contributing a Chart
We'd love for you to contribute a Chart that provides a useful application or service for Kubernetes. Please read our Contribution Guide for more information on how you can contribute Charts.
The following outlines the review procedure used by the Chart repository maintainers. Github labels are used to indicate state change during the review process.
- AWAITING REVIEW - Initial triage which indicates that the PR is ready for review by the maintainers team. The CLA must be signed and e2e tests must pass in-order to move to this state
- CHANGES NEEDED - Review completed by at least one maintainer and changes needed by contributor (explicit even when using the review feature of Github)
- CODE REVIEWED - The chart structure has been reviewed and found to be satisfactory given the technical requirements (may happen in parallel to UX REVIEWED)
- UX REVIEWED - The chart installation UX has been reviewed and found to be satisfactory. (may happen in parallel to CODE REVIEWED)
- LGTM - Added ONLY once both UX/CODE reviewed are both present. Merge must be handled by someone OTHER than the maintainer that added the LGTM label. This label indicates that given a quick pass of the comments this change is ready to merge
Status of the Project
This project is still under active development, so you might run into issues. If you do, please don't be shy about letting us know, or better yet, contribute a fix or feature.