Big Data Special Interest Group
Covers deploying and operating big data applications (Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Flink, Storm, etc) on Kubernetes. We focus on integrations with big data applications and architecting the best ways to run them on Kubernetes.
- Regular SIG Meeting: Wednesdays at 17:00 UTC (biweekly). Convert to your timezone.
The Chairs of the SIG run operations and processes governing the SIG.
- Anirudh Ramanathan (@foxish), Rockset
- Erik Erlandson (@erikerlandson), Red Hat
- Yinan Li (@liyinan926), Google
The below teams can be mentioned on issues and PRs in order to get attention from the right people. Note that the links to display team membership will only work if you are a member of the org.
|@kubernetes/sig-big-data-api-reviews||link||API Changes and Reviews|
|@kubernetes/sig-big-data-bugs||link||Bug Triage and Troubleshooting|
|@kubernetes/sig-big-data-test-failures||link||Test Failures and Triage|
- Design and architect ways to run big data applications effectively on Kubernetes
- Discuss ongoing implementation efforts
- Discuss resource sharing and multi-tenancy (in the context of big data applications)
- Suggest Kubernetes features where we see a need
- Endorsing any particular tool/framework