CLI Special Interest Group
Covers kubectl and related tools. We focus on the development and standardization of the CLI framework and its dependencies, the establishment of conventions for writing CLI commands, POSIX compliance, and improving the command line tools from a developer and devops user experience and usability perspective.
The charter defines the scope and governance of the CLI Special Interest Group.
Joining the mailing list for the group will typically add invites for the following meetings to your calendar.
- Bug Scrub: Wednesdays at 09:00 PT (Pacific Time) (monthly). Convert to your timezone.
- KRM Functions Subproject Meeting: Wednesdays at 10:30 PT (Pacific Time) (biweekly). Convert to your timezone.
- Kustomize Bug Scrub: Wednesdays at 09:00 PT (Pacific Time) (monthly). Convert to your timezone.
- Regular SIG Meeting: Wednesdays at 09:00 PT (Pacific Time) (biweekly). Convert to your timezone.
The Chairs of the SIG run operations and processes governing the SIG.
- Katrina Verey (@KnVerey), Shopify
- Eddie Zaneski (@eddiezane), Chainguard, Inc
- Sean Sullivan (@seans3), Google
The Technical Leads of the SIG establish new subprojects, decommission existing subprojects, and resolve cross-subproject technical issues and decisions.
- Slack: #sig-cli
- Mailing list
- Open Community Issues/PRs
- GitHub Teams:
- @kubernetes/sig-cli-api-reviews - API Changes and Reviews
- @kubernetes/sig-cli-bugs - Bug Triage and Troubleshooting
- @kubernetes/sig-cli-feature-requests - Feature Requests
- @kubernetes/sig-cli-maintainers - CLI Maintainers
- @kubernetes/sig-cli-misc - General Discussion
- @kubernetes/sig-cli-pr-reviews - PR Reviews
- @kubernetes/sig-cli-proposals - Design Proposals
- @kubernetes/sig-cli-test-failures - Test Failures and Triage
- Steering Committee Liaison: Stephen Augustus (@justaugustus)
The following subprojects are owned by sig-cli:
Plugin manager for kubectl.
Centralized plugin index for krew.
Hybrid command-line/UI development experience for cloud-native development