Contributor Experience Special Interest Group
Developing and sustaining a healthy community of contributors is critical to scaling the project and growing the ecosystem. We need to ensure our contributors are happy and productive, and that there are not bottlenecks hindering the project in, for example: feature velocity, community scaling, pull request latency, and absolute numbers of open pull requests and open issues.
The charter defines the scope and governance of the Contributor Experience Special Interest Group.
- Regular SIG Meeting: Wednesdays at 9:00 PT (Pacific Time) (biweekly). Convert to your timezone.
The Chairs of the SIG run operations and processes governing the SIG.
The Technical Leads of the SIG establish new subprojects, decommission existing subprojects, and resolve cross-subproject technical issues and decisions.
- Elsie Phillips (@Phillels)
- Jorge Castro (@castrojo)
- Garrett Rodrigues (@grodrigues3)
- Paris Pittman (@parispittman)
- Slack: #sig-contribex
- Mailing list
- Open Community Issues/PRs
- GitHub Teams:
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience - General Discussion
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-apac-coordinators - APAC Coordinator Team
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-leads - Chairs and Technical Leads
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-pr-reviews - PR Reviews
- Steering Committee Liaison: Bob Killen (@mrbobbytables)
The following subprojects are owned by sig-contributor-experience:
Owns and manages overall community repo, including community group documentation and operations.
Manages operations and policy for upstream community group communication platforms.
Contributor Communications focuses on amplifying the success of Kubernetes contributors through marketing.
writes and maintains documentation around contributing to Kubernetes, including the Contributor's Guide, Developer's Guide, and contributor website.
Maintains and updates https://k8s.devstats.cncf.io, including taking requests for new charts.
- Slack: #devstats
Creates and runs contributor-focused events, such as the Contributor Summit. Event Teams are part of this subproject.
- Slack: #events
- Office Hours European Edition (Open Q&A for end-user kubernetes related questions): Wednesdays at 09:00 ET (Eastern Time) (monthly on 3rd Wednesday). Convert to your timezone.
- Office Hours Western Edition (Open Q&A for end-user kubernetes related questions): Wednesdays at 12:00 ET (Eastern Time) (monthly on 3rd Wednesday). Convert to your timezone.
Manages and controls Github permissions, repos, and groups, including Org Membership.
- Slack: #github-management
Oversees and develops programs for helping contributors ascend the contributor ladder, including the New Contributor Workshops, Meet Our Contributors, and other programs.
Creates and maintains tools and automation for Kubernetes Slack.
This is a collection of presentations from our SIG members around contributing to Kubernetes, feel free to PR in content here:
This is the work we've done this past cycle and plan to work on in the future:
- How to Contribute to Kubernetes - Nikhita Raghunath
- Practical git for Kubernetes Contributors- Christoph Blecker
- State of the Kubernetes Contributor Community - Paris Pittman
- A peek behind the curtain: Managing the Kubernetes Contributor Community
KubeCon + CloudNativeCon
We give our SIG status at every KubeCon, here are our most current talks: