Instrumentation Special Interest Group
Covers best practices for cluster observability through metrics, logging, and events across all Kubernetes components and development of relevant components such as Heapster and kube-state-metrics. Coordinates metric requirements of different SIGs for other components through finding common APIs.
The charter defines the scope and governance of the Instrumentation Special Interest Group.
- Regular SIG Meeting: Thursdays at 9:30 PT (Pacific Time) (biweekly). Convert to your timezone.
- Regular Triage Meeting: Wednesdays at 9:00 PT (Pacific Time) (biweekly). Convert to your timezone.
The Chairs of the SIG run operations and processes governing the SIG.
The Technical Leads of the SIG establish new subprojects, decommission existing subprojects, and resolve cross-subproject technical issues and decisions.
- Piotr Szczesniak (@piosz)
- Slack: #sig-instrumentation
- Mailing list
- Open Community Issues/PRs
- GitHub Teams:
- @kubernetes/sig-instrumentation-api-reviews - API Changes and Reviews
- @kubernetes/sig-instrumentation-bugs - Bug Triage and Troubleshooting
- @kubernetes/sig-instrumentation-feature-requests - Feature Requests
- @kubernetes/sig-instrumentation-misc - General Discussion
- @kubernetes/sig-instrumentation-pr-reviews - PR Reviews
- @kubernetes/sig-instrumentation-proposals - Design Proposals
- @kubernetes/sig-instrumentation-test-failures - Test Failures and Triage
The following subprojects are owned by sig-instrumentation:
- Slack: #klog
- Slack: #kube-state-metrics