Contributor Experience Special Interest Group
Developing and sustaining a healthy community of contributors is critical to scaling the project and growing the ecosystem. We need to ensure our contributors are happy and productive, and that there are not bottlenecks hindering the project in, for example: feature velocity, community scaling, pull request latency, and absolute numbers of open pull requests and open issues.
The charter defines the scope and governance of the Contributor Experience Special Interest Group.
- Regular SIG Meeting: Wednesdays at 9:30 PT (Pacific Time) (biweekly). Convert to your timezone.
The Chairs of the SIG run operations and processes governing the SIG.
The Technical Leads of the SIG establish new subprojects, decommission existing subprojects, and resolve cross-subproject technical issues and decisions.
- Garrett Rodrigues (@grodrigues3)
- Slack: #sig-contribex
- Mailing list
- Open Community Issues/PRs
- GitHub Teams:
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-bugs - Bug Triage and Troubleshooting
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-feature-requests - Feature Requests
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-misc-use-only-as-a-last-resort - General Discussion
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-pr-reviews - PR Reviews
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-proposals - Design Proposals
- @kubernetes/sig-contributor-experience-test-failures - Test Failures and Triage
The following subprojects are owned by sig-contributor-experience:
Owns and manages overall community repo, including community group documentation and operations.
Manages operations and policy for upstream community group communication platforms.
writes and maintains documentation around contributing to Kubernetes, including the Contributor's Guide, Developer's Guide, and contributor website.
Maintains and updates https://k8s.devstats.cncf.io, including taking requests for new charts.
- Slack: #devstats
Creates and runs contributor-focused events, such as the Contributor Summit. Event Teams are part of this subproject.
- Slack: #events
Manages and controls Github permissions, repos, and groups, including Org Membership.
Creates and maintains shortcuts and automation apps running in the k8s.io domain.
Oversees and develops programs for helping contributors ascend the contributor ladder, including the New Contributor Workshops, Meet Our Contributors, and other programs.
Creates and maintains tools and templates for kubernetes-namespace repositories.
Creates and maintains tools and automation for Kubernetes Slack.
- Slack: #slack-infra