Testing Special Interest Group
Interested in how we can most effectively test Kubernetes. We're interested specifically in making it easier for the community to run tests and contribute test results, to ensure Kubernetes is stable across a variety of cluster configurations and cloud providers.
- Regular SIG Meeting: Tuesdays at 13:00 PT (Pacific Time) (weekly). Convert to your timezone.
The Chairs of the SIG run operations and processes governing the SIG.
- Aaron Crickenberger (@spiffxp), Google
- Erick Fejta (@fejta), Google
- Steve Kuznetsov (@stevekuznetsov), Red Hat
- Timothy St. Clair (@timothysc), VMware
The following subprojects are owned by sig-testing:
- Description: Boskos is a resource manager service that handles different kinds of resources and transitions between different states. We use it on the Kubernetes project to manage pools of GCP projects for CI/CD.
- Description: Gopherage is a tool for manipulating Go coverage files. We use it on the Kubernetes project to report on code coverage due to e2e tests
- Description: Gubernator is a frontend for displaying Kubernetes test results stored in GCS. See gubernator.k8s.io to see it in action for the Kubernetes project.
- Description: Kubernetes IN Docker. Run Kubernetes test clusters on your local machine using Docker containers as nodes.
- Slack: #kind
- Description: Prow is a CI/CD system based on Kubernetes. See prow.k8s.io to see it in action for the Kubernetes project
- Slack: #prow
- Description: The Testing Commons is a subproject within the Kubernetes sig-testing community interested code structure, layout, and execution of common test code used throughout the kubernetes project
- Slack: #testing-commons
- Description: Miscellaneous tools and configuration to run the testing infrastructure for the Kubernetes project
The below teams can be mentioned on issues and PRs in order to get attention from the right people. Note that the links to display team membership will only work if you are a member of the org.