Aliyun essentials for Kubernetes. It provides SLB, Routes controllers and a Volume plugin for Kubernetes to function properly on Aliyun instances.
- Service load balancers sync (TCP & UDP)
- Routes sync
- Volumes / PersistentVolumes
- Centralized attach/detach control. No credentials needed on nodes.
- PersistentVolumes dynamic provisioning
Due to Kubernetes v1.6.0 flexvolume api break, the master currently supports k8s v1.6+.
To use the last v1.5.x compatible versionn, use tag k8s-1.5.
There are two components.
aliyun-controller is a daemon responsible for service & route synchronization, attach/detach control and PV provisioning. It has to run on all master nodes.
aliyun-flexv is a binary plugin responsible for volumes operations on nodes. It has to be deployed on all nodes and will be called by kubelets/controller-manager when needed.
Deploy to Aliyun
- Make sure all node names are either ip addresses or routable names
- Make sure node cidr will be allocated by adding
--allocate-node-cidrs=true --configure-cloud-routes=falseto kube-controller-manager commandline.
- Update the required fields in
- Upload it to
pod-manifest-path-of-kubeletson all your master nodes
- Use docker logs to check if the controller is running properly
If your nodes can't access Aliyun metadata somehow, you need to specify 3 more variables in env:
- ALIYUN_REGION - ALIYUN_VPC - ALIYUN_VSWITCH
- Add two env variables to kube-controller-manager:
- ALIYUN_ACCESS_KEY - ALIYUN_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET
- Make flexv binary available on every node in a
./ailyun~flexv/folder under the kubelet volume plugin path. Or for your convenience, run this on every node.
FLEXPATH=/usr/libexec/kubernetes/kubelet-plugins/volume/exec/aliyun~flexv; sudo mkdir $FLEXPATH -p; docker run -v $FLEXPATH:/opt kubeup/kube-aliyun:master cp /flexv /opt/
Just create Loadbalancer Services as usual. Currently only TCP & UDP types are supported. Some options can be customized through annotaion on Service. Please see pkg/cloudprovider/providers/aliyun/loadbalancer.go for details.
Since we are using k8s to allocate node cidrs, we need a way to make that effective on containers. There are several ways to do this.
- Use kubenet plugin. Details here
--ip-masq=falseto docker daemon
Use flexVolume in any volume/PV/PVC spec.
Checkout following examples.
Please find a more complete setup example here which Archon is able to deploy automatically.
Apache Version 2.0