KubOS is an open-source software stack for satellites.
The KubOS system is designed to take care of every aspect of a satellite’s flight software.
Rather than operating as a single, monolithic entity, KubOS is comprised of a series of independent, yet interoperating components.
- Mission applications control and execute the logic necessary to accomplish mission goals
- Services expose hardware and system functionality with a controlled and uniform interface
- Kubos Linux provides the base operating system and the drivers needed to communicate with connected hardware devices
Here are some docs which we recommend you look at first when getting started with KubOS:
- KubOS Design - A high-level overview of what KubOS is and how it works
- Getting Started with Local Dev Environment - Docs for getting started with KubOS using a local dev environment of your choice
- Getting Started with the Kubos SDK - Docs for setting up an instance of the Kubos SDK as your development environemnt. Highly recommended for Windows users
- New User Tutorials - Tutorials which will walk you through using all of the major components of KubOS
Contributing to KubOS
Want to get your code to space? Become a contributor!
Check out our doc on contributing to KubOS and come talk to us on Slack to join our community.
Or, if you're just looking to give some feedback, submit an issue with your feature requests or bug reports!
These are the important folders in this repo:
- apis - Contains all of our hardware APIs as well as our application APIs
- clients - Contains client programs which can be used locally to communicate with the corresponding service on a remote target
- docs - Contains all of the raw doc files used to generate our documentation
- examples - Various example KubOS projects
- hal - A collection of hardware interface abstractions
- libs - Helper libraries used when building Kubos services
- services - Contains all of the Kubos core services and hardware services
- kubos-linux-build - Repo used for configuring and building KubOS images
- cargo-kubos - Repo for a Cargo subcommand which will assist with cross-compiling Rust projects for KubOS
- kubos-vagrant - Repo used to build the Kubos SDK