This Wordpress plugin was created by Swedish newspaper Västerbottens-Kuriren to give its editorial staff an easy to use tool for customizing the front pages of their online magazines. It's used on a daily basis at http://www.folkbladet.nu and http://www.vk.se, websites that together has over 200 000 unique visitors per week.
- Install Arlima via the WordPress.org plugin directory.
- Go to "Article lists" -> "Edit lists" in wp-admin and create your first article list.
- Open up a page (or create it) in wp-admin. Down to the right you will see a meta box labeled "Arlima" where you choose the list that you created on step 2.
- Go to "Article lists" -> "Manage lists" and start stuffing your article list with interesting content.
Tip! Install the plugins Microkid's Related Posts and Scissors Continued to get even more functionality out of Arlima
- Publishing article lists
- Interface walkthrough
- Keyboard shortcuts in the list manager
- "Quick edit" — Edit articles directly on your front page
- Importing article lists from remote websites
- Importing RSS-feeds
- Custom CSS
- Creating a custom page template
- Filters and actions
- Programmatically insert article lists in your template
- Creating custom jQuery templates
- Customized streamers
- Article formats
- Cache management
- How to modify the post search
- Using jQuery templates in the ordinary category loop
- Modifying the behavior of the article form in the list manager (js events)
Some websites using this plugin