pip install funfactory
What is it?
funfactory is the core of playdoh, Mozilla's Django starter kit. funfactory is not a collection of standalone apps.
Check out the playdoh docs for a complete user guide.
funfactory is also the name of a script that automates the installation of a
new Playdoh app. Check out
funfactory --help for more info.
To develop new features for playdoh core, you'll want to hack on funfactory!
To run the test suite, first install tox then cd into the root dir
and type the
tox command. The
tox.ini will handle the rest.
if you supply a different playdoh remote URL or a different
branch or something, remember to delete the
between tests for a clean slate.
To try out cutting edge funfactory features in a real playdoh app, you can use the develop command to install a link to the files within your virtualenv:
workon the-playdoh-clone pushd ~/your/path/to/funfactory python setup.py develop popd
Test Suite Environment
Here are some environment variables that are acknowledged by the test suite:
- MySQL db user to run manage.py test. Defaults to
- MySQL user password for manage.py test. Defaults to an empty string.
- MySQL db name for manage.py test. Defaults to
- Git qualified URL for playdoh repo. Defaults to
- Default branch to pull and update. Defaults to