Kumar Ramanathan, NU Political Science, May 20, 2021
Workshop overview and materials
This session will cover some basic principles of teaching R, and introduce you to some useful tools. We will discuss how to plan the scope of a lesson, design effective teaching materials using RMarkdown, and develop practice problems to increase engagement.
All workshop materials are included in this repository. Download the repository to your computer and open the Rproject file to follow along.
Examples of workshop materials:
- NUIT Research Computing Services workshops
- Amanda d'Urso's tutorials and workshops
- Masters of Science in Analytics boot camps
Other online learning resources:
- Library of free learning resources, from NUIT RCS
- Compilation of books, guides, tutorials used often by social scientists, from Emily Farris
learnrinteractive tutorials, from RStudio
- Dataquest (coursework license available from NUIT)