A community driven list of useful Fable tutorials, libraries and software.
Table of Contents
- Awesome Fable
- More awesome
- Contribution Guidelines
Some good apps written in Fable.
- Fable website - Basic examples in official website.
- Fable repo samples - Fable's samples repository.
- fable-elmish - Find web app samples in fable-elmish repository list.
- Fable + React Native - Full React Native app using Fable.
- Fable + Fuse - Simple F# cross-platform mobile app based on Fuse Tools quickstart tutorial.
- fable-electron - Learn how to write a cross-platorm desktop app in F# with Fable and Github Electron.
- fable vscode - Basic Visual Studio Code 'Hello Word!' extension.
- SAFE Bookstore - Full stack SAFE example with support for deploying in a Docker container.
- SAFE-Chat - IRC-style chat demo featuring full-stack F#, Akka.Streams, Akkling, Fable, Elmish, Websockets and .NET Core.
- SAFE Nightwatch - A Demo application for React Native development in F# using Fable and the SAFE stack.
- SAFE Confplanner - A Demo application showcasing shared behaviour of CQRS/Event-Sourcing on the backend and the Elm architecture on the frontend. Both systems communication with push-notifications via websockets.
- SAFE TodoList - The simplest Todo app: a client-server application written entirely in F# using Elmish on the client, Suave on the server and Fable.Remoting for type-safe communication between the two.
- device-scanner - A Production Fable -> Node.js daemon for monitoring Linux storage devices. Has full testing + code coverage.
- Volca FM editor - A Patch editor for the Korg Volca FM made with Fable-Elmish-React which uses Web MIDI
- fable-webmidi-sample - A simple sample for making a Web MIDI application with fable
- fable-uploadcare - A simple React sample to use UploadCare widget
Learn what this awesome thing is.
- Official Docs — General information and in-depth guide with examples.
- Official SAFE-Stack Docs - Official SAFE-Stack docs with nice samples and getting started tutorials.
- Official Elmish Docs - Official Elmish docs with nice samples and explanation of concepts
- Minimalistic Live Testing Fable Apps With QUnit
- Introducing Fable.Remoting: Automated Type-Safe Client-Server Communication for Fable Apps
- Statically Typed Client-Server Communication with F#: Proof of Concept - Joining F# Server and Client (outdated).
- Fable and Fable-Elmish Step-by-Step - Creating a Calculator using Fable-Elmish (Fable 0.7).
- Getting Started with Fable Elmish - Learn Elmish by working up to the Counter sample app from scratch (Fable 0.7).
- Early Fable Adventures – Building A Memory Tiles Game - Game of memory in F# using Fable DOM interactions and .Net events.
- Fable from Scratch Series - Bootstrap a Fable application from an empty directory to learn more about the stack.
- Creating Visual Planetary Systems using Fable and F#
- Two Tetromino Tetris with Fable and F# - Implementation of a version of Tetris using Fable with the JS Canvas API and JS interval and .Net events for the game clock.
- FableConf 2017, Elmish & Canvas based presentation - Learn how to create gorgeous Perlin based canvas animations and texts with Elmish and JS Events through a very simple example.
- Learning about the F# SAFE stack - Suave.io, Azure, Fable, Elmish - High level introduction to the SAFE stack by Scott Hanselman.
- A fable of Web MIDI - An article about how to create Fable bindings for Web MIDI
- Opinionated Fable - Architecture & Performance - Architecture & Performance tips and tricks for Fable 1.x
- Fable in React land - Fable for React: creating components and optimizing them
- Create WebComponents with Fable + Elmish + React - How to create WebComponents with Fable + Elmish + React
Videos and podcasts
Watch great talks about Fable
- Official Fable youtube channel
- WTF# is Fable? - An overview of the Fable ecosystem on the WTF# podcast.
- F# and the SAFE stack - with Krzysztof Cieślak on Scott Hanselman's "Hanselminutes" podcast
Useful helpers to build apps.
- Elmish - Elm-like abstractions for F# apps
- Elmish.Bridge - Create client-server Fable-Elmish apps keeping a single mindset
- Fable.PowerPack - Utilities for Fable apps
- Fable.Remoting - Typed Client-Server communication for Fable and Suave
- Fable.Aether - Optics library build for Fable
- Fable.Mqtt - Fable bindings for MqttJS
- Fable.Jest - Testing Fable apps with Jest
- Fable.Ava - Testing Fable apps with Ava
- Elmish.SweetAlert - sweetalert2 integration in Fable, implmeneted as Elmish commands, see live docs.
- Elmish.Toastr - Toastr (notification library) integration with Fable, implemented as Elmish commands
- Fable.SqlClient - Fable Node client for Microsoft SQL Server, built around a node-mssql binding
- Fable.React.Flatpickr - Fable binding for react-flatpickr (datetime picker component) that is ready to use within Elmish applications
- Fable.Parsimmon - Fable bindings for the Parsimmon parser combinator library.
- Fable.SimpleJson A library for easily working with JSON in Fable projects.
- Fable.SimpleXml A library for easily working with XML in Fable projects.
- Fable.DateFunctions - binding for the date-fns library, implemented as 120+ extension methods for DateTime.
- fable-signalr - Fable bindings for SignalR
- fable-websockets - Fable bindings for WS
- fable-react-toolbox - UI components for fable-react
- fable-momentjs - Fable bindings for momentjs
- fable-moment-range - Fable bindings for momentjs range
- fable-react-grid-system - Fable bindings for React Grid System
- Fulma - Fable-React like DSL for Bulma
- Fulma.Extensions - Fable-React like DSL for Bulma extensions
- Fulma.Elmish - Ready to use elmish components
- fable-validation - A isomorphic validation library for F#/Fable
- Fable.Import.WebMIDI - Web MIDI bindings for Fable
- Thoth.Json - Json encoder/decoder library inspire by Elm
- fable-material-ui - Fable bindings for MaterialUI
Tools around Fable platform.
- fable-loader - Fable loader for Webpack
- rollup-plugin-fable - Fable plugin for Rollup
- ts2fable - Fable parser for Typescript declaration files
- Online REPL - The Fable Online REPL
- HTML to Elmish - Convert HTML snippets into code ready to be used in Elmish apps
Tools to support Fable in code editors.
- ionide - A wonderful Plugin for F# language.
Fable templates to get up and running
- Elmish templates - Templates to kick start a new Emish application.
Install them like
dotnet new -i "Fable.Template.Elmish.React::*"and create a project with
dotnet new fable-elmish-react -n myproject
- Fable Suave - Scaffold to start an isomorphic F# web app using Suave in the backend and Fable in the frontend, with canopy tests, best practices, etc.
- GameDevelopment Scaffold - Template to kick start a new dummy game. Based on the Fable Suave scaffold for Client <> Server support
- Fable.Library.Template - F# Template for create and publishing Fable Libraries
- SAFE template - Dotnet CLI template to bootstrap SAFE projects, including Suave.IO on server side
- Fulma minimal template - The quickest way to get started an Elmish + Fulma application from scratch
Where to find help.
Built with Fable
Production application that built with Fable
- ionide - VS Code and Atom extension for F# development
- The Gamma - Tools for open data-driven storytelling
- Payoff charts - Shows you the profit of strategy in the dependency on the underlying movements
- Casque Noir - Web documentary about Haïti environmental issues
- Fable-of-the-Day - Catch of the day by @wesbos ported to Fable
- Czech Republic 2018 Election Analytics
Who to follow
Discover other amazingly awesome lists.
Awesome Fable is just a part of awesome thing, get more here:
To the extent possible under law, @kunjee17 has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.