Join GitHub today
CSV File Darwinizer
- creates a given directory as a workspace
- downloads a Darwin Cloud lookup file from https://github.com/kurator-org/kurator-validation/tree/master/packages/kurator_dwca/data/vocabularies
- creates a new file with as many field names standardized to Darwin Core as possible, format (csv or txt) of the output file can be selected. A flag to prepend the namespace (e.g., 'dwc:') to the field names found can be set to 'y' or 'n'.
The files produced by this workflow are:
- darwinized_file.csv or darwinized_file.txt - a copy of the input file with field names replaced by standard Darwin Core field names from lookup_darwin_cloud.txt.
- lookup_darwin_cloud.txt - downloaded copy of the Darwin Core field name lookup file
Workflow configuration file: https://github.com/kurator-org/kurator-validation/blob/master/packages/kurator_dwca/workflows/darwinize_file.yaml
Darwin Core Controlled Value lookup files: https://github.com/kurator-org/kurator-validation/tree/master/packages/kurator_dwca/data/vocabularies