Spotify and iTunes in your menu bar
Toast: control + command + m
- The default behavior is to show the SpotMenu icon, Artist and Track title in the menubar. Right click → Preferences to customize.
- The animated gif currently demonstrates the functionality of version 1.7
- Buy something on Amazon
- paypal.me/kmikiy Help me get that new Tesla Model X
🚗or a cup of coffee ☕️, anything helps 💸 💰 💵
- Or help me become a cryptocurrency millionaire
New Features in Version 1.8
- SpotMenu now supports iTunes
- About page added to preferences. Please donate
- Option added to hide title and artist when music player is paused
- "Quit" renamed to "Quit SpotMenu" to stay consistent with MacOS
- Today Extension (a.k.a. Notification Center Widget) now has rounded edges
- Minimum required version of MacOS is now 10.11
- Russian translation added (credits: @BatyaMedic)
- Spanish tranlsation added (credits: @Lynx901)
Download the zip file version 1.8. Unarchive it. Run SpotMenu.app. I do not have an developer account to sign the app with therefore you will most likely receive a warning that the app is from an unidentified developer. To open the app follow these steps!
You can find all releases here.
via Homebrew Cask
brew cask install spotmenu
How to Build
Now, use Git to clone the repository.
git clone https://github.com/kmikiy/SpotMenu.git cd SpotMenu pod install
Finally, open up the SpotMenu.xcworkspace. Set the "Scheme" to build the "SpotMenu" target for "My Mac". Then Product > Run (or the shortcut ⌘R).
- Version 1.7 has been updated to swift 4.0 therefore Xcode 9 is required.
- In some cases it might be required to select the "MusicPlayer" scheme and build it before selecting "SpotMenu".
- To fix "cannot find a team matching ..." error follow these steps
- Star and Fork
- Post any issues you find (please check existing issues before posting!)
- Post new feature requests
- Pull requests are welcome
If you would like SpotMenu in your native language please translate this file and either create a Pull Request, send it to me via email or post it to this issue. I will add it to the next release of SpotMenu. Bear in mind that community will have to keep these language files up-to-date ☝🏻.