Clone this wiki locally
I18nAutoScoping has been made in order to keep i18n translations for Rails, simple and ordered around scopes.
i18n_auto_scoping supports :
- Default scoping on controller action through the controller’s name.
- Default scoping on view through the view path.
That’s all, the plugin does not support intensionaly auto-scoping for models or helpers.
Default controller scoping
By default, the plugin add current controller’s name as scope when rendering an action.
class ProductsController < ApplicationController def show flash[:alert] = I18n.t('Product created') # Will have auto scope : 'products' end end
ActionView auto scopping
Scope change automatically through the current rendered view’s path.
When rendering :
- “layouts/front.html” => Scope will be ‘layouts/front’
- “products/_product.html” => Scope will be ‘products/_product’
- “products/index.haml.html” => Scope will be ‘products/index.html’
- “products/index.haml.iphone” => Scope will be ‘products/index.iphone’
- “back/products/new.html” => Scope will be ‘back/products/new’