Kikofri is a theme for Jekyll that's a fork of the Kiko theme It came about because I like my themes like I like my music: ugly, old and barren. It's an assortment of hacks filtered through web-design choices from the turn of the millennium.
The theme doesn't use any Google Analytics spyware by default. If you necessarily need stuff like that consider using piwik instead. Kikofri doesn't rely on Google Fonts API for font rendering and the like. Some metadata for search engines is provided by jekyll-seo-tag.
You'll see it undead here: https://kxxvii.github.io/Kikofri/
- Clean up redundant markup (and CSS/Sass, i.e. 'style.scss')
- Reevaluate the need for four layouts
- Listen to Good Friendly Violent Fun by Exodus
- Fork this repository and/or...
- Clone the repository to your computer.
git clone https://github.com/YOURUSERNAME/Kikofri
- Run it.
- If that doesn't work you might want to take a look at the Gemfile in the cloned repository and satisfy dependencies where it is needed.
- Go to http://127.0.0.1:4000 in your browser.
- If you don't use Github remove the line
gh-pagesin the Gemfile in addition to consulting the Jekyll documentation for deployment options
- The same goes for
jekyll-paginate. If you don't want to use pagination you should also make some changes to the index.html file
- For indented paragraphs type:
- Tags can be sorted first under
/tagsby making the first letter an Upper-case one in the post's front matter
- To sort something last make the first letter a lower-case one
- To just sort tags alphabetically use only upper- or lower-case letter consistently throughout posts
- Kikofri uses the Ubuntu font. If you wish to use
another font change or remove these files/lines:
- _layouts/default.html (look for:
- _layouts/default_post.html (look for:
- style.scss (look for:
Make it a little less ugly:
- Change the name and modify nav at
- Make some appropriate changes — or inappropriate if you're into those kind
of things — in
- Navigate to the
_postsfolder and remove the example content by writing
rm *in your terminal (make sure that you're in the right folder)
- while you're at it create a post of your own like so:
- then do something like this:
echo -e "---\ntitle: 'Friends Don't Lie.'\ndescription: 'No more.'\nauthor: 'Eleven'\n---" > YYYY-MM-DD.md
- Type away! Reject my reality and substitute your own!
Want to contribute?
There's no "protocol" as how to contribute. Noticed that some people actually forked this repository/theme, I always found that to be unlikely. Anyway, there is room for improvement even though I always intend to keep my fork "ugly". So here it goes:
- Contributions are appreciated.
- Check out the To do. Been like that forever, but it still applies.
- This is a lesser point connected to the one above: keep it ugly.
This last comment is a preference of mine: when possible keep line length to 79 characters per line. Like the recommendations for Python Code. With that said, I know that a lot of stuff in this repo doesn't, but it makes for easier reading. So when I update stuff I'll reformat things as I go along.
The Ubuntu Font Family is distributed under the Ubuntu Font License.
Copyright 2017 kxxvii Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.