Repository holds all scripts, images, and files used to create a Google Chrome extension that integrates Babel scholarly recommendations with Google Scholars. The extension is only one part of the Babel project created at the University of Washington Data Lab. Other contibutors to this project inlcude Assistant Professor Jevin West and PhD student Ian Wesley-Smith.
For more information visit: http://babel.eigenfactor.org/
How to use the extension
To use the Babel extensions on chrome (Google Scholars & Reuter_Recommendations) follow these instructions:
- download the repository to your local machine
- Click Customize and Control Google Chrome to the right of the browsers address bar
- Select "More Tools" then "Extensions"
- Select "Developer Mode" then click "Load unpacked extension..."
- Navigate to the repository you downloaded to your local machine, select the Chrome folder and click "OK"
- If you are using the Reuter_Recommendations plugin right click on the "R" icon in your task bar, select options and enter the credentials you were given.
To use the Babel extension on firefox follow these instruction:
- Download the repository to your local machine
- Click the "open" menu to the far right of hte drowsers address bar
- Select "add-ons"
- Select "tools for all add-ons" icon to the left of the "search all add-ons" bar
- Select "install add-on from file...", navigate to the Firefox folder in the repository you downloaded
- Select "@babal_forefox-0.0.1.xpi" and click open
- MAKE SURE YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS DOES NOT HAVE "Never remember history" SELECTED UNDER HISTORY