ofxEdsdk requires the EDSDK library from Canon.
ofxEdsdk was developed with support from YCAM http://www.ycam.jp/
- Apply for a developer's license from Canon's website
- After you have been approved (can take anywhere from minutes to a day or two), follow the download instructions included in your confirmation email from Canon.
- Download this repo as a zip file, unzip, and place contents in your addons folder.
- Edit the folder name so that it only says "ofxEdsdk."
- Open the Canon EDSDK .dmg image and save the files somewhere you can get at them if you need to.
- Copy the EDSDK folder into this directory: OF > addons > ofEdsdk > src
- Open the OF Project Generator application and build a new app, including the ofxEdsdk addon.
- Open your new app in Xcode. Go into the Build Settings for the Target app. In the "Search Paths" section, double-click "Header Search Paths."
- You should see something like "../../../addons/ofxEdsdk/src" as one of the paths in the list. To the right of that path, click the drop-down menu and select "recursive."
- Go into the "Build Phases" tab for the Target app. In the "Link Binary with Libraries" section, add the EDSDK frameworks by clicking the "+" button at the lower-left and selecting the two framework files: OF > addons > ofEdsdk > src > EDSDK > Framework
Following these steps will include Canon's developer library and this wrapper for all its functions for use in OF. You should be able to run the blank project successfully.
ofxEdsdk is tested with v2130 of the EDSDK library on OSX