A single page web application for creating and sharing vocabulary lists and footnotes from a variety of API's - including Oxford Dictionary and Wikipedia.
Mainly a continuing AngularJS and Rails learning experiment, but also used to help learn new vocabulary and information through the indexation of data served from Oxford Dictionary and Wikipedia. The Wikipedia API data provides article summary blurbs with links to the main articles.
- Create, save, and share footnotes from a variety of API's (Oxford Dictionary, Wikipedia)
- Get a shareable URL for a list
- Search for multiple words simultaneously through comma separation: "epitome, fallacy, aloof"
- Target specific API's in search using a parameter
- Wikipedia: "cell biology (w)"
- Oxford Dictionary: "epitome (d)"
- Various filtering and sorting options
Ruby on Rails 4.2
To get up and running locally:
git clone https://github.com/kylesb/diction.help.git