Stats, for Firefox OS.
This app displays as a single page in a web browser, with its style optimized for mobile devices.
What's it for?
I wrote this app so I could easily monitor my home server--from my mobile or laptop, home or elsewhere. I wanted to make this app simple--and most importantly--useful. At a glance, it is easy to see information such as:
- System name/OS/architecture
- Load averages
- Temperature sensors and fan speed
- Disk usage and free space
- Currently logged-in users
How do you use it?
Currently, as long as you have a standard LAMP stack (and basic GNU/Linux command line tools such as
lm-sensors, and maybe a few others) everything should work almost out of the box. You do need to modify a few entries in
/scripts/systemSensors.php so that information from the proper thermal sensors and disk locations is read and displayed.
What's the plan for this project?
My upcoming plans include:
- Packaging this to be a hosted webapp for Firefox OS.
- Adding a simple
config.txtfile to make setting up thermal sensors and disk usage settings easier (possibly written/edited by app settings menu).
- Possibly adding interactive features, making this app a little more versatile (e.g. manual information refresh or an adjustable interval, HTML5 graphics).
- Information fields now expand/collapse on click or touch.