A holy marriage of blogging and Facebook
FacePress is a ground-up rewrite of a blogging engine similar to WordPress, but built with a severe integration with FaceBook. All user-related functions are handled through the FaceBook API, such as user login, registration, etc, and the blogging engine simply keeps FBID's, e-mails, and display names in its database. The database structure is exactly that of WordPress to in the future allow for a simple migration path.
FacePress currently includes all standard features that one would expect out of a blogging engine:
- Versatile templating/theming through the use of the Smarty Templating Engine
- WYSIWYG editor for pages and posts
- A simple CMS for managing static pages
- Allow users to comment in threads on posts
- All sorts of SEO features
- An open plugin architecture
- ...and more!
- PHP 5.x
- A FaceBook account
- Your website as a registered FaceBook application.
FacePress is released under the GNU General Public License v3 and is copyright © 2010 JiffSoft. A copy of the license is available in the LICENSE file.
All bug tracking is being done via Google Code. You can get to the Google Code project at http://code.google.com/p/facepress-blog/
The LANRails website is at http://www.facepressblog.org/.