System Browser Client
NOTE: this is beta software. It contains bugs and sometimes is unresponsive.
System Browser Client is a desktop app for browsing Ruby code. Just click to get details about a module or class and explore its namespace or see the source of a method.
The browser does not display information about behaviours in realtime. That is, if you launch the browser and define a class after it, the browser won't display it.
At the moment System Browser Client is not packaged, so you have to install it manually. Sorry about that.
- Install the server (
gem install system_browser)
- Select a suitable distribution for your operating system and download it
- Unzip the downloaded archive
- Make sure the server can verify that the client is installed
- For OSX drag the unzipped application to Applications folder
- For GNU/Linux add the
system_browserexecutable to your
- The client is installed and you are ready to work with the server now
- Important: do not run the client manually (the information will be missing)
Quick test. Start IRB and copy-paste this:
require 'system_browser' SystemBrowser.start
- Big thanks to @havenwood for helping me testing it on OSX
The project uses the Zlib License. See LICENCE.txt file for more information.