lifx-jasper is a Jasper module built to control all of your LIFX lights using your voice.
- the LIFX HTTP Cloud API using the lifx-cli application by executing its commands in the shell
- the LIFX Python SDK for basic commands such as on/off/toggle.
The reason for building this project is because I have a single LIFX light situated in my bedroom which I would like to control using my voice. Therefore, this repository will not have the handling of individual lights in mind, although it may be something I will consider in the future.
Requires Python 2.7+.
- Navigate to
~/jasper/client/modulesfolder, assuming that your Jasper files are situated under your home directory
- Clone this repository into
/tmpor any temporary folder that can be deleted afterwards and move
Light.pyinto the modules folder
- Clone lifx-cli to a folder such as
- Follow the lifx-cli installation in its README, including the creation of its
sudo pip install lifx-sdkto install the Python LIFX SDK.
- Create the file
~/.lifx-jasper/config.ymlbased on this repository's
- Boot Jasper and you should be ready to go!
Usage and Commands
To activate the LIFX module, your speech command must include
lights. For example, you can say
lights on to turn all lights on. Here is a list of other commands:
enable- Turns all lights on - e.g.,
disable- Turns all lights off - e.g.,
preset [preset]changes the light color to the specified preset's color (from config.yml) and turns the light on (if it is switched off). Specified in config.yml, the preset names range from
lights toggle alpha
- Just saying
lightstoggles all lights - e.g.,
Please see LICENSE.md for more details.