Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
After many years of stop start development and forever pushing the goalposts back, here is 1.6.0. This is our first release in 5+ years, fixing many issues and bringing new features into the fold.
NOTE: the configuration/detection mechanism has changed in 1.6.0 due to the internal refactor of setters, most heads will be detected as "Xinerama" by default, which means your configuration file from 1.5.2 may need to be update.d
I fully expect there to be some out of date things from this release (ie translations) - we'll make sure 1.6.1 doesn't take as long.
Thank you to all contributors, testers, maintainers etc for your work and patience!
The following is an attempt at all the new things being shipped - if I missed your contribution, sorry, it's quite a long list!
- Keyboard shortcuts (#10)
- Select head on command line with (
--head) (@jaypikay, #13)
- Exit confirmation dialog (@jameh, #33)
- Can restore original background in X if changes not confirmed
- Sorting and recursion pref options (@easysid, #47, #23)
- Icon view with captions (#15)
- Random background selector (
- Mutter support (#61)
- LXDE support (#63, #80)
- SVG image file support (@Vladimir-csp, #75)
- Autotools issue with X11 (#12)
- Add desktop file (@andrewsomething, @Vladimir-csp, #28, #29, #74)
- Freedesktop spec fix (@EvanPurkhiser, #30)
- Nautilus detection fixes (#52, #59)
- XDG system dir fix (Unit193, #41)
- Don't let Xinerama mode set heads that don't exist (#55)
- Xinerama fullscreen issue/detection (#59)
- Man pages (#20)