This is a statusbar for a linux window managers written in golang. Currently it provides these details:
- shows active keyboard layout, using setxkbmap.
- gmail account unread email counts in configured order.
- network connection details, wifi or ethernet, upload and download speeds.
- cpu temperature.
- power details, AC if on power cable, or remaining battery percentage.
- cpu load.
- memory utilization percent.
- date local date and time, plus one in different timezone in my case.
- go in order to compile statusbar.
- dzen2 is the package used to render the status bar on your X11 screen
You must have go installed on your system.
This repository is meant to be editable to your own needs, so fork or clone and edit. Create your statusbar configuration:
cp statusbar.dist.json statusbar.json
NOTE: the arguments for dzen2 output formatting should be changed on your needs including gmail accounts if available.
If you run
make it will build and move binary to
/usr/local/bin/statusbar and statusbar.json if available, to
If dependencies were not met, install them. Now you can run statusbar which takes configuration option json as an argument:
statusbar statusbar.json > /tmp/statusbar.log 2>&1
NOTE: you may change configuration properties based on your screen layout and fonts. Statusbar logs errors to stdout and in case of panic to stderr.