lib-gwt-svg is a library to add SVG graphics to GWT applications.
It offers the following features:
- Many additional helper methods to improve development productivity.
- Tight integration with GWT, including: SVG resources (with XML validation), SVG in UiBinder definitions, integration with GWT event system, SVG Widgets (images, push and toggle buttons).
- Tight integration with Java, including: iteratable collections, subclassing of SVG elements, complete integration of W3C documentation in the javadocs.
- Open source LGPLv3 license.
- Based on modern tools: maven, sonatype, git, jenkins
Demos, documentation, technical articles and other resources
Most of the documentation and support for the project is hosted by the vectomatic website. This includes:
A few samples of applications developed with this library can be found here (all of them with full source code):
The library can obtained from:
- The lib-gwt-svg Google group answers questions about lib-gwt-svg usage. I (or somebody else) will do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.
- The main code repository is now hosted on github. The easiest way to contribute is to send pull requests there, or to provide patches to me by email
Lib-gwt-svg requires GWT 2.x. Depending on the version you GWT you are using, you must choose a version of lib-gwt-svg which matches it, as described in the following table:
|GWT version||lib-gwt-svg version|
|2.1.0 / 2.1.1||0.5.0|
|2.4.0||0.5.5, 0.5.4 or 0.5.3|
|2.7.0||0.5.10, 0.5.11 (for Chrome 48+)|
|2.8.2||0.5.14, 0.5.15 (for Firefox 59+)|
lib-gwt-svg has been tested on the following SVG-enabled web browsers:
|Opera||10.x or greater|
|Chrome||5.x or greater|
|IE||9.x (NB: on IE, xpath support is provided by integrating the excellent, Creative-Commons-licenced xpath.js library, by Cameron McCormack)|
|Firefox for Android||10.x (NB: firefox supports touch events, but only single touch at the moment. Support for true multitouch is planned for 11.x)|
|Android browser||Android 3.2 (NB: Android does not implement touch events for SVG)|