- Addon: ofxLabFlexParticleSystem
This is the Rockwell ofxLabFlexParticleSystem. Sorry for the long name. The general idea behind this class is simple particle system that can provide needed flexibility such as callbacks, a viewpoint stencil, and different world border shapes. As we get into more advanced projects this class will run through bigger and badder particle systems such as bullit, box2d, or GPU particle systems - all the while keeping the interface stable for Rockwell projects.
In short the point of this was to creat a very FLEXIBLE particle system rather than FEATURE FULL particle system. Instead of perfect real world physics we wanted to be able to have callbacks so that we can take control of a particle if it hits a wall, etc.
This class easily plugs into our ofxLabFlexVectorField
Currently this is only 2d, although it supports using the z dimension for external purposes
- Place this project in the of/addons folder
- Run the example
- The setup describe this
RUN FROM SRC
- The code is really straight forward so plug away into the code.
- If you are having trouble with the callbacks, see the example syntax.
- Open-source (BSD license)