This YunoHost app is a part of the "La Brique Internet" project but can be used independently.
VPN Client app for YunoHost.
- Install a VPN connection on your self-hosted server.
- Useful for hosting your server behind a filtered (and/or non-neutral) internet access.
- Useful to have static IP addresses (IPv6 and IPv4).
- Useful to easily move your server anywhere.
- With the Hotspot app for YunoHost, you can broadcast your VPN access by wifi to use a clean internet connection (depending on your VPN provider) on your laptop (or those of your friends) without having to configure it.
- Authentication based on certificates or login (or both), with or without shared-secret (ta.key)
- IPv6 compliant (with a delegated prefix)
- Set an IPv6 from your delegated prefix (prefix::42) on the server, to use for the AAAA records
- Use native IPv6 if available for creating the tunnel
- Port selection, with UDP or TCP
- Set DNS resolvers on the host
- Strong firewalling (internet access and self-hosted services only available through the VPN)
- Advanced mode for editing the default OpenVPN configuration
- Auto-configuration mode, with dot cube files
- Web interface
Running vpnclient inside lxc
If you want to run openvpn inside lxc, you should add this to your container:
lxc.hook.autodev = sh -c "modprobe tun" lxc.mount.entry=/dev/net/tun dev/net/tun none bind,create=file lxc.hook.autodev = sh -c "chmod 0666 dev/net/tun"