This lab gives hands on exercises to experiment with the strace utility. The corresponding presentation was given virtually at DEF CON 2021's Packet Hacking Village.
- Linux host (tested on Ubuntu 20.04)
- Required packages gcc, make and strace (
sudo apt-get install gcc make strace)
- Experiment with challenges 1-3 from the video for hands on experience.
- Without looking at the source, discover why
challenge_4.binis difficult to trace.
- challenge_5.bin was given to you by a developer to test. What's a key detail they left out that this binary requires?
- How can you inject via strace to make
- Build a tool to take the hex dump from the
writesyscall and make the ELF from