QBirthday is a birthday reminder status icon.
- Several backends available (CSV file, Lightning, MySQL databse).
- Extendable to other backends.
- iCalendar export.
QBirthday runs on Python >= 3.5.
It requires PyQt5 and optionally depends on mysqlclient if a MySQL database is used as backend.
Either as root or in a Python3 virtual environment:
$ pip install qbirthday
To use MySQL backend, install mysqlclient:
$ pip install mysqlclient
Note: If running with the global Python interpreter (i.e. not in a virtualenv), the default Python interpreter is probably Python2. In this case, you may have to install and use pip3 rather than pip.
QBirthday is a Qt port of GBirthday, a GTK application.
- PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/marshmallow
- Changelog: https://github.com/lafrech/qbirthday/blob/master/CHANGELOG.rst
- Issues: https://github.com/lafrech/qbirthday/issues
QBirthday is distributed under GPLv2 license (see LICENSE file).