Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
[1.3.0] - 2013-03-23
This version of NAS2D focuses on cleaning up the public interface headers and removing as much of the implementation details as possible. This is to help make NAS2D a lot easier to use to set up new projects and will reduce reliance on backend library interface headers unless the user specifically wants/needs direct access to these libraries.
- Renderer fade completed signal.
- Mixer music completed signal.
- Added EventHandler::textInputMode(bool) to turn on and off text input modes.
- Added EventHandler::textInput() to query whether or not text input mode is turned on.
- Added EventHandller::query_control(), EventHandller::query_numlock() and EventHandller::query_shift() to query key modifier states.
- Added Renderer::showSystemPointer() method.
- Clarified origin and licensing information for Signal.h and Delegate.h.
- Updated documentation on most interfaces.
- Filesystem now throws an exception when any function is used before Filesystem::init() is called.
- Cleaned up the public interfaces for all objects removing backend library headers and implementation details from public classes.
- Cleaned out all
using namespacedirectives from public interface headers.
- Moved exceptions into NAS2D::exception namespace.
- Moved signals into the NAS2D::Signals namespace.
- Merged MouseButton enumeration to EventHandler class declaration.
- Merged KeyCode into EventHandler class instead of being stand alone.
- Merged KeyTranslator::control(KeyModifier), KeyTranslator::numlock(KeyModifier) and KeyTranslator::shift(KeyModifier) into EventHandler.
- Renamed all functions in Signal0 - Signal5 to lowercase names to match std:: and NAS2D library conventions.
- Renamed ::w() and ::h() methods in in Rectangle_2d/Rectangle_2df to ::width() and ::height().
- OGL_Renderer sets line quality for circle drawing code based on configuration's texture quality.
- Merged TinyXML into the NAS2D namespace. See Task #14 for additional information.
- Removed Exception class in favor of specific exception types derived from std::runtime_error. See Exceptions.
- Removed Renderer::toggleCinematic().
- Removed Renderer::toggleLetterbox().
- Removed Renderer::drawTextClamped() and Renderer::drawTextClampedShadow().
- Removed Random interface. See Random Numbers.
- Removed MersenneTwister implementation. See Random Numbers.
- Removed Image::rect().
- Removed XmlAttributeParser.
- Removed Sprite::debug().
- Texture Quality configuration option has been removed.
- Fixed a bug in Font::width(const std::string&) that would report incorrect widths when using TrueType or OpenType fonts.
- Fixed a possible resource leak in Font copy assignment operator.
- Fixed a possible resource leak in Image copy assignment operator.
- Fixed a possible resource leak in Music copy assignment operator.
- Fixed OGL_Renderer::drawGradient() showing incorrect colors.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT BREAKING CHANGES
Exception class has been removed, any code using
NAS2D::Exception will need to be replaced. The easiest method to do this is to use
std::runtime_error() or you may use a built-in exception type from the
NAS2D::exception namespace. See Issue #13 for an explanation of the decision behind deprecating this class.
The Signals interface has been moved from the
Gallant namespace to the
NAS2D::Signals namespace. This will affect all code using custom Signals however using any of the built-in Signals (such as from the
Sprite classes) will continue to function the same way without need for any changes. Additionally, all method names have been renamed to all lowercase names to match
std:: library conventions.
::h() method names across the entire interface have been renamed to
Since all of the
using namespace directives have been removed from all public interface headers, you will need to either use your own directive or specific the appropriate namespace for both
KeyTranslator object has been removed. Useful functionality has been merged into the
EventHandler class. Additionally, the
MouseButton enumerators were also merged into the
EventHandler. This means that you will either need to append
EventHander:: to your calls or add a
using namespace NAS2D::EventHandler to your source files. See Issue #23 for an in-depth explanation.
TinyXML's interface has been merged into the
NAS2D::Xml namespace, all objects have been renamed and its interface has been updated to reflect NAS2D naming conventions. Documentation has been thoroughly updated and is now included as part of NAS2D's main documentation. See Task #14 for additional information.