django-mfw is a framework for developping mobile site with Django. The
following feature is available
- Detect accessing device via HTTP_USER_AGENT and determine the device can handle cookie or not.
- Non cookie based Session and Csrf protection for the devices which cannot handle cookies.
- Dynamically change loading template via the device information. That's mean you can prepare the HTML template for each device (flavour template system)
- Encode request and response via detected device encoding. It is required because some Japanese mobile phone cannot handle UTF-8
- Translate Japanese Emoji in request and response to proper character code or image for PC.
This is under development. The codes below may not work.
sudo pip install django-mfw
sudo pip install git+git://github.com/lambdalisue/django-mfw.git#egg=django-mfw
Required (Automatically installed)
- e4u (emoji4unicode bundle framework)
mfw.middleware.device.RequestDeviceDetectionMiddlewareto the first item of
mfw.middleware.device.ResponseDeviceDetectionMiddlewareto the last item of
The following django-mfw middlewares are assumed that this middleware has called before they are called.
MIDDLEWARE_CLASSESsetting and comment out existing middlewares.
mfw.template.loaders.flavour.Loaderto the first item of
The code below describe sample settings. See settings.py for more detail.:
# List of callables that know how to import templates from various sources. TEMPLATE_LOADERS = ( 'mfw.template.loaders.flavour.Loader', 'django.template.loaders.filesystem.Loader', 'django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader', # 'django.template.loaders.eggs.Loader', ) MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = ( 'mfw.middleware.device.RequestDeviceDetectionMiddleware', 'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware', #'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware', 'mfw.middleware.session.SessionMiddleware', #'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware', 'mfw.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware', 'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware', 'mfw.contrib.emoji.middleware.DeviceEmojiTranslationMiddleware', 'mfw.middleware.flavour.DeviceFlavourDetectionMiddleware', 'mfw.middleware.device.ResponseDeviceDetectionMiddleware', ) TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = ( "django.core.context_processors.auth", "django.core.context_processors.debug", "django.core.context_processors.i18n", "django.core.context_processors.media", "django.core.context_processors.request", "mfw.context_processors.device", "mfw.context_processors.flavour", )
request device is detected with
mfw.middleware.device.DeviceDetectionMiddleware and stored in
device instance has following attributes
- is the device support cookie or not.
- A kind of this device. It is used for flavour template system.
- A name of this device. It is used for flavour template system.
- A model name of this device. It is used for flavour template system.
- A version name of this device. It is used for flavour template system.
- A recommended encoding for the device. It is used to encode the request/response
- An attribute which Mobilephone device has. the carrier name of the device.
- An attribute which Mobilephone device has. User id which is passed from carrier server.
- An attribute which Mobilephone device has. If
Falsethen the HTTP_USER_AGENT might be modified thus passed user id is not reliable enough.
Non cookie based Session and CSRF protection
Django default session is saved on cookie because of security reason. However some device doesn't support cookie
mfw.middleware.session.SessionMiddleware use carrier's UID and django cache system for saving session.
the middleware never try to use carrier's UID for device which support cookie. it is only for the device which doesn't support cookie and commonly such device has carrier's UID. Because of security, device accessed from out of carrier's CIDR is not trusted so it cannot save session if cookie is not supported.
To accept non cookie based session for the device accessed from out of carrier's CIDR, set
but IT IS STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED
Unicode emoji and Japanese carrier emoji conversion
mfw.contrib.emoji.middleware.DeviceEmojiTranslationMiddleware care it. it detect device and automatically translate unicode emoji to
carrier's encoded emoji in response. That's why you do not need to care the code of emoji. Just write emoji as unicode emoji then
middleware translate everything correctly and encode response to carrier's encoding
Incoming translation is also handled the middleware. if
request.POST has carrier emoji, the middleware automatically
translate the carrier emojis to unicode emojis and decode value to unicode.
Unicode emoji is found on http://www.unicode.org/~scherer/emoji4unicode/snapshot/full.html . this is a part of emoji4unicode project and translation method is using conversion table of it. see e4u for more detail.
Flavour template system
mfw.middleware.flavour.DeviceFlavourDetectionMiddleware detect device and automatically create flavour for device.
the flavour is used for prefix of template_name. so if the flavour is
smartphone/iphone/1.3 and called template name is
mfw.template.loaders.flavour.Loader will try to load the file listed below with template loaders listed in
TEMPLATE_LOADERS except oneself.
mfw.template.loaders.flavour.Loader is bundle loader and loading method is depended with template loaders listed in
so make sure you listed correct template loader in