LP Gmail-Keep Importer
Easily imports your Gmail messages into Google Keep. Can also be used to transfer your Apple Notes, which are stored as emails labelled 'Notes', into Google Keep.
As of 2021-02-10, this extension does not exist in the Chrome extension store!
Due to Google changing its policies very often, I stopped updating it and over time it stopped working (#15, #16). I opened #20 to add some instructions here how to run it locally on your own Chrome browser, but until then it's up to the reader to find out how to get a Gmail API key, and load the extension
.zip file locally.
- This is a highly experimental Chrome extension.
- Since Google Keep does not provide any open API I am using directly the website of the service. Therefore, in order for you to use the extension you have to be logged in to your account and be on the Google Keep website. - https://keep.google.com/#home
- Caution - The extension might become unusable at any time in case Google updates the website of Google Keep since the structure of the page (class names) is used throughout the extension. I will try to update it whenever I notice something broke.
How to use
- First install the plugin from Chrome extension store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lp-gmail-keep-importer/ingomolknmgnfbafknpkmklapabaednn
- Now visit the Google Keep website and log in, https://keep.google.com/#home
- Click the LP G2K icon on your Chrome extension bar to open the small popup of this extension
- Type the label you want to import from Gmail.
- Click Import GMail Label and then if some email messages are ready to be imported click Start importing.
- Done ;)
Todos - Future work
Add titles in Google Keep (email subject or 1st line of the message).Done since v0.10
- Use the labels of the email as tags in Google Keep.
- Most importantly - Find a way to make it robust against Google's changes on the website.
Feedback / Suggestions
Please provide some feedback with the errors you get or suggestions you have.
Debug the extension
- Visit chrome://extensions
- Enable the Developer Mode
- Open the Console from Chrome's developer tools
- Right click the extension's icon
- Click Inspect Popup
- Open the Console tab in order to see any error message or logging message
- Follow the How to use procedure again