LAMMPS stable release 22 Aug 2018
Notable new features in this release are:
- New CMake option for building LAMMPS and all of its packages, as an alternative to traditional make
- Restructured documentation
- DEM polygonal and polyhedron particles
- new compute entropy/atom command
- New SPIN package for modeling the dynamics of magnetic atomic spins, coupled to the usual MD motion of atoms. See details here.
- New fix bond/react command to enable simulation of one or more complex heuristic reactions that rearrange molecular topology.
- New USER-BOCS package
- Fixes memory leaks caused when using the GPU package and OpenCL
- 3 new registry dependent interlayer potentials
- dump_modify refresh and delay and maxfiles options
- new reset_ids command
- set velocity option
- Various other small updates and bugfixes